Sunday , 10 December 2017

Kevin Clark fly's West.

Home Forums General Discussion Kevin Clark fly's West.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Terry Brennan Terry Brennan 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Darrow
    Mark Darrow
    Participant

Kevin Clark passed away, his battle with cancer ended. He worked for Boeing for over 40 years. He played an instrumental role in developing technology that enabled Boeing to build the first composite wing commercial aircraft. These features will be used on the upcoming 777X wing and all future Boeing aircraft. In 2009 he won a Special Invention Award for that key patent. Kevin spent a lot of time testing all sorts of systems hardware, and had a reputation of being a force of nature in the lab. Outside of work, Kevin enjoyed spending his weekends flying to Blakely Island. Kevin was known as a walking encyclopedia on Bonanza’s. His own fleet of Beech airplanes included a T43C, T34A, F33A, C33A and a V35V. He helped countless pilots find the right aircraft to purchase and would go so far as to facilitate the purchase and sale and even help them ferry the airplane if necessary – all without any compensation. He would drop everything to help fellow pilots or neighbors. If you needed a hand with a project that was overwhelming, Kevin would step in and help quickly navigate. Kevin was a good friend, neighbor, and pilot who’s presence will be greatly missed.

Profile photo of Terry Brennan
    Terry Brennan
    Participant

While Kevin wasn’t noticeably visible to most association members, I got to meet him right after he purchased the T-34C that had been a major object of his affection for the past few years. I echo Mark’s sentiment. We communicated regularly, sharing the progress he made on the project, and publishing all that I could in the Mentor Monitor over that time. When I didn’t get a response to a recent request for current photos of the “Charlie” in the, I became concerned. Now I know why. RIP Kevin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.